Sweden, the land of Vikings, IKEA and ABBA


Let me tell you something about my hometown. It’s always sunny and hot, we basically have two seasons, summer time and winter time, and our winters are a piece of cake, no snow, no huge minuses, and summer starts in March. I left my city in short sleeves, enjoying +27°C, came to Stockholm by night, just to wake up to sights of snow.
I was staring out of the window, watching snowflakes twist and turn in the air, okay, I had enough, can I go back home? As my mood depends on the weather, I went from being all hyped to be so depressed in a blink of an eye. As I said before, I’m foodie, and food is something that can always cheer me up, so my brother took me to have some sugar. We had tons of donuts, which helped me deal with this pain and torture that Stockholm throw at me. It’s not easy to enjoy the city while shivering, and cursing yourself for not bringing more hoodies and some boots. We went to Kista Galleria, which is the best place for a foodie. As soon as you step into the mall your senses start to tingle, and you get overwhelmed with the smells of spices from all around the world. My stomach was now the boss of me, and my stomach wanted to have everything that food court has to offer. The Food court is this magical place where food from all around the world meet to create the masterpiece. Close your eyes, imagine the country, you did? Okay, great, well food court has traditional food of that country. No kidding, there is so many different cuisines that taste like heaven. As my brother has been living in Sweden for almost 5 months now, he had an honor of picking up the place where we ate. We had this amazing kebab called mix tallrik kebab, and OH MY GOD!!!!! That was so good, that first bite is life changing. The taste of it fills your mouth, all these different ingredients goes so well together, you just can’t stop eating it. 


Mad love for kebabs


The only problem is that it’s not that cheap, so be prepared to pay a bit more, but trust me, it’s worth every penny. My stomach was full, my eyes were closed and my brain was shutting off. “Wanna grab Choco kebab?” his face was serious, he was ready for round two. Oh hell with this, you only live once, right? I grabbed my jacket and followed him to chocolate wonderland. That chocolate wonderland is small, unnoticeable place, no people waiting in lines, no special led signs, nothing that would make it pop out from the rest of the city. I was a bit skeptical as we approached, I didn’t know that to expect. But the product I got was so different, it was as loud as marketing of the place was quite. If you have a sweet tooth you have to try this, you have to!


Yes Choco kebab!!!!


We tried to burn all of the calories by walking through the old city. It is great, really beautiful, but so crowded even in this time of a year. I was constantly bumping into someone, so we went to find our shelter in the King’s palace. 





Even though you don’t have access to every part of it, you still get to see enough. Look for the details, look for the beautiful decorations on walls, they are really stunning. 








At night we would go to Miami strand, it’s a small hookah bar, with great hookah and tea mixed with whipped cream. The problem is that waiters aren’t really good with English or Swedish, they talk mostly in Arabic. The place is okay, nothing special, but okay to chill and smoke some shisha. As my week went was full of eating food, smoking shisha and enjoying sweets, we decided to realist some of the energy. 





A bit outside of the city is this epic place called Bounce inc. If you want to workout, but you hate it, go to place like Bounce, it makes workouts so fun and joyful. This place is huge, it’s filled with trampolines, you can just jump around, or play dodge ball or basketball, or if you are tricker you can master your tricks. I left that place walking with my arms, my legs felt like jelly. Bounce inc. is something every city needs! But of course, I couldn’t survive this whole day without something to eat. We went to Prime Burger, as someone who comes from Bosnia and Herzegovina and doesn’t have any good burger places (we can all agree that McDonalds isn’t good a burger place), going to Prime Burger was a whole another experience. The huge amount of meat was covered in magnificent hot sauce, and fresh salad was just a bonus, and bun, yes the bun was grilled to perfection.


Can I get another one


 It was perfect ending for a 7 day trip. I left Sweden with high expectations for food, and higher appreciation for the sun and hot weather. 



Love Swedish metro stations

Primjedbe

Popularni postovi s ovog bloga

From Budapest to Prague

Just another Prague thing pt1.